This page highlights some introductory Data Science material that you might find useful. If you know of any other Data Science material that we should share or highlight on the MIIA website or via our real-time community messaging platform (MIIA on Slack), please let us know either on Slack or via email@example.com.
What is Data Science?*
- What is Data Science @ O’reilly
- What is Data Science @ Quora
- The sexiest job of 21st century
- What is data science
- What is a data scientist
- a very short history of #datascience
- An Introduction to Data Science, PDF.
- Data Science Methodology by John Rollins PhD
- A Day in the Life of a Data Scientist by Rutgers University
Data Science Resources
- Data Science & Machine Intelligence related Training Courses
- Data Science & Machine Intelligence related Platforms and Tools
- Data Science & Machine Intelligence related Research
- Data Visualization
- Data Science related Video and Audio resources
- Data Science & Machine Intelligence related Books
- Python Resources
- Data Sets
- Data Science & Machine Intelligence related Bloggers and Social Media
- Data Science related Applications
- Machine Intelligence Landscape
- Data Science related Events
- Data Science related Jobs
- Awesome Data Science on Github
- Maryville Univerisity Online – The Importance of Data Science Careers
- The resource details different career paths one can take with a data science degree. The resource lists different fields, job titles, salary information, as well as education requirements/qualifications, and the value of multidisciplinary studies/academic backgrounds for future data scientists.
- Data Science Graduate Programs
- DataScienceGraduatePrograms.com offers a look at the latest salary trends based on surveys conducted by leading tech industry job market research firms; a clearinghouse of information on data science MOOCs, bootcamps and graduate programs; along with general resources that help provide a clear understanding of the tools, methods and practices of data science in its many applications.
- Host a variety of resources and pointers to information about Deep Learning
- Data Science Central
- Data Science Central is the industry’s online resource for big data practitioners. From Analytics to Data Integration to Visualization, Data Science Central provides a community experience that includes a robust editorial platform, social interaction, forum-based technical support, the latest in technology, tools and trends and industry job opportunities.
- Online resource fro Data Mining, Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science
- A site that tackles interesting topics in machine learning while being entertaining and easy to read and understand.
- A community that offers Data Science related courses and bridges the gap between industry and education by bringing industry partners, ambitious students, world-class education, and passionate founders under one roof.
- Quora – Data Science
- FAQ on Data Science curated by the Quora community
- Data Science Masters
- The open-source curriculum for learning Data Science. Foundational in both theory and technologies, the OSDSM breaks down the core competencies necessary to making use of data.
- Data Science Academy
- The Data Science Academy is run by Data Science London, one of the largest professional network of data science practitioners in Europe. They deliver practical, hands-on courses that address the current challenges and opportunities of big data and data science.
- NGDATA helps companies in data-driven industries, such as financial services, media/publishing and telecom, to operationalize their data analytics through our real-time, analytics-based solution for improved customer satisfaction, reduced attrition, enhanced retention and higher profit margins.
- DeepLearning.University is an annotated bibliography of recent publications (2014-2015) related to Deep Learning.
- Deep Learning Research Groups
- OpenAI is a non-profit artificial intelligence research company. Their goal is to advance digital intelligence in the way that is most likely to benefit humanity as a whole, unconstrained by a need to generate financial return.
- MIRI do foundational mathematical research to ensure smarter-than-human artificial intelligence has a positive impact.
- CODATA, the Committee on Data for Science and Technology, is an interdisciplinary Scientific Committee of the International Council for Science (ICSU), that works to improve the quality, reliability, management and accessibility of data of importance to all fields of science and technology.
- Data Science Association
- The Data Science Association is a non-profit professional group that offers education, professional certification, a “Data Science Code of Professional Conduct” and conferences / meetups to discuss data science (e.g. predictive / prescriptive analytics, algorithm design and execution, applied machine learning, statistical modeling, and data visualization).
- MIR Labs
- Machine Intelligence Research Labs (MIR Labs) is a global non-profit academic consortium focused on innovation and research excellence. MIR-Labs network comprises of several leading academicians and scientists from the Universities and Industry from different continents.
- GreyCampus is an online & Boot Camp provider for PMP, Six Sigma, Digital Marketing, Big data & Prince 2 certifications
- GreyCampus transforms careers through skills and certification training in the areas of Project Management, Big Data, Data Science, Service Management and Quality Management. We offer live-online (instructor-led online), classroom (instructor-led classroom) and e-learning (online self-learning ) courses. Our growing suite of accredited courses is constantly upgraded to address the career enhancement goals of working professionals.
- The learning and training modules are developed and validated by Industry leaders that help them get certified in the first attempt and give a boost to their careers.
- GreyCampus provides FREE resources to professionals such as the
- Woz U
- DATA SCIENCE: The program includes training in Statistics, Computer Programming, Data Visualization, Data Modeling, Big Data and Machine Learning.
OpenCampus is one of the largest resource library for professional certifications courses. It offers free access to wide range of course materials like PMP, Six Sigma, Big Data and more. The free resources also contain flashcards, toolkits and practice questions.
Anyone can access the free resources and take up the simulated exams at this link:
Data Science Presentations*
- How to Become a Data Scientist
- Introduction to Data Science
- Intro to Data Science for Enterprise Big Data
- How to Interview a Data Scientist
- How to Share Data with a Statistician
- The Science of a Great Career in Data Science
- What Does a Data Scientist Do?
- Building Data Start-Ups: Fast, Big, and Focused
- How to win data science competitions with Deep Learning
The Evolution of Analytics
Data Science Infographics*
|A visual guide to Becoming a Data Scientist in 8 Steps by DataCamp (img)|
|Mindmap on required skills (img)|
|Swami Chandrasekaran made a Curriculum via Metro map.|
|by @kzawadz via twitter, MarketingDistillery.com|
|And a male version, from another article by MarketingDistillery.com|
|By Data Science Central|
|From this article by Berkeley Science Review.|
|Data Science Wars: R vs Python|
|How to select statistical or machine learning techniques|
|The Data Science Industry: Who Does What|
|Data Science Venn Diagram|
|Different Data Science Skills and Roles from this article by Springboard|
AI & its Applications – Infographics
- How brands use AI: https://www.16best.net/blog/how-brands-use-ai/